Certificate II in Hospitality
This qualification provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to be competent in a range of activities and functions requiring basic operational knowledge and limited practical skills in a defined context. Work would be undertaken in various hospitality settings, such as restaurants, hotels, motels, catering operations, clubs, pubs, cafes and coffee shops. Individuals may work with some autonomy or in a team but usually under close supervision.
The qualification is suitable for an Australian apprenticeship pathway and for VET in Schools delivery.
Individuals with this qualification are able to perform roles such as:
• undertaking mise en place prior to service
• serving food and beverage to tables
• preparing and serving drinks at a bar
• selling beverages in a retail liquor outlet
• attending gaming machines
• providing housekeeping services
• providing reception or front desk services
• providing assistance in a catering operation.
Possible job titles include:
• bar attendant
• bottle shop attendant
• catering assistant
• food and beverage attendant
• housekeeping attendant
• receptionist or front office assistant
• gaming attendant.
There are no prerequisites for entry to this qualification.