Certificate III in Hospitality
Course Code: SIT30707
This qualification provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to be competent in skilled operations with the need to apply discretion and judgement. Work would be undertaken in various hospitality settings, such as restaurants, hotels, motels, clubs, pubs, cafes and coffee shops. Individuals may have some responsibility for others and provide technical advice and support to a team.
The qualification is suitable for an Australian apprenticeship pathway.
Individuals with this qualification are able to perform roles such as:
• preparing and serving drinks at a bar
• preparing and serving espresso coffee
• serving food, wine and other beverages at tables
• providing reception or front desk services
• providing housekeeping services
• providing gaming services.
Possible job titles include:
• bar attendant
• wine waiter
• front desk receptionist
• gaming attendant.
There are no prerequisites for entry to this qualification.