International Students

International students can choose to study in Australia under an Australian student visa.

Unlike Domestic students, not all the courses provided are available for international students.

For more information in regards to Studying in Australia, please fill in our brief information form and Certify You will provide you with the information needed to study abroad.

Study a range of courses, English, Business, Management, Human Resources Management Diploma and the list goes on.

Living in Australia

Living In Sydney

One of the world’s most cosmopolitan cities, Sydney is an exciting, but safe, city with an international range of services and a clean natural environment. A high standard of education and good student services have given Sydney a reputation as the perfect place to study.

With a mild to warm climate, Sydney’s numerous clean and safe parks and beaches are perfect for enjoying outdoor activities and a healthy lifestyle. In 2000, Sydney hosted “the best Olympics ever” (former president of the IOC Juan Antonio Samaranch) which reflects the positivity, energy and harmony that exists within the city.

Sydney has a rich mixture of ethnic and cultural groups and an international atmosphere. With hundreds of restaurants, cafes and cultural attractions, Sydney has something for everyone and many experiences to discover.

Transport is another area where Sydney excels. Sydney possesses a fleet of modern and clean fleet of trains, buses and taxis that are safe, reliable and inexpensive.

Sydney’s natural environment consists of a unique range of native plants and animals, many of which can be experienced in various easily-accessible zoos and pristine national parks which surround Sydney.

It is because of all these features that Sydney has become one of the world’s most popular tourist and study destinations.


Living In Queensland

Queensland is one of Australia’s most attractive places to live, work and study.

With a great climate, safe environment and a relaxed outdoor lifestyle, it is easy to see why Queensland is a leading study destination.

Queensland offers both large modern, cosmopolitan cities and laid-back regional towns across a stunning and diverse landscape that includes national parks, rain forests, coral reefs and some of the world’s most beautiful beaches.

Getting around Queensland is easy and trouble free. The comprehensive transport network and motorway system will enable you to explore Queensland and its attractions with ease.

Accommodation & Pick up upon Arrival

Traveling to a new country may be difficult for some students, this is why we provide the best care and support upon arrival. Certify You offers an active assistance while arranging accommodation based on the students’ needs and preferences. We ensure that the student is ready to start a new educational career in a comfortable environment that matches the students need. We pre-arrange accommodation and airport pick with orientation upon arrival to assist the student from day one. The student will not feel disorientated at all, as our caring team will be there from the beginning to give full support 24/7.


Living Costs in Australia whilst studying

Migration regulations in Australia require international students to show evidence that they can contribute to the cost of living and studying in Australia. This helps to ensure students are better able to make the most of their studies and have a safe and enjoyable experience in Australia.

While international students are able to supplement their income with money earned through part-time work in Australia, the ‘living costs’ requirement helps to support the success of students in their studies by ensuring that they don’t have to rely on such work to meet all their expenses.

From 1 July 2012, the basic rate of living costs under the Migration regulations increased. Under these regulations prospective student visa applicants and their family members must have access to the following funds to meet the living costs requirements:

  • A$18,610 a year for the main student;
  • A$6,515 a year for the student’s partner;
  • A$3,720 a year for the student’s first child; and
  • A$2,790 a year for every other child and where required.

Students must demonstrate that the funds they are relying upon to meet the costs of studying in Australia will be genuinely available to them during their stay in Australia.


Working in Australia

People granted student visas on or after 26 April 2008 will receive permission to work with their visa grant. This will apply to both the primary student and any family members traveling with them on their student visa. As a result, most student visa holders will no longer need to apply separately in Australia for permission to work. The new arrangement will save student visa holders time and money.

For more information, please see Fact Sheet: New permission to work arrangement for student visa holders (PDF, 77.59 KB).

If you were granted a Student visa before 26 April 2008 and have not yet applied for permission to work, you and your family members may only apply for Permission to Work after you have started your course in Australia.

Tips for working in Australia

How to apply for a tax file number (TFN)
The Fair Work Ombudsman can answer questions about rights and obligations about your workplace

Looking for work

CareerHub provides online services for students to assist in searching for jobs, tips on resume writing, careers events and workshops and consultations with careers education consultants.

Popular job listing pages in Australia include MyCareer and Seek. These are an independent service, not provided by Certify You.

40 hours per fortnight work condition

From 26 March 2012, student work visa conditions will be measured as 40 hours per fortnight instead of the current 20 hours per week.

Under the new arrangements, international students will be able to work up to forty hours per fortnight once their course has commenced and during any period in which their course is in session. They will be able to work unrestricted hours during any scheduled course break.  This change will apply to both new and existing student visa holders and to both students and their dependents on a student visa A fortnight means a period of 14 days commencing on any Monday and ending on the second following Sunday.

The following example demonstrates how the condition will be applied.  A student visa holder works the following numbers of hours over a four week period (after their course has commenced):

  • Week 1 – 15 hours work
  • Week 2 – 25 hours work
  • Week 3 – 25 hours work
  • Week 4 – 10 hours work

In the fortnight comprising weeks 1 and 2 above (40 hours worked in that 14 day period) or in the fortnight comprising weeks 3 and 4 above (35 hours worked in that 14 day period), the work condition is not breached.  However, the student visa holder has breached their work condition in the fortnight comprising weeks 2 and 3 above (50 hours worked in that 14 day period).
Students found to have breached their work conditions may be subject to cancellation of their visa.

To find out about all conditions for working while studying, please see the Australian Government Conditions for working while studying page.

Volunteer work

If you are doing voluntary, unpaid work, it is not included in the limit of 40 hours per fortnight if it:

  • is of benefit to the community
  • is for a non-profit organisation
  • would not otherwise be undertaken in return for wages by an Australian resident (that is, it is a designated volunteer position), and
  • is genuinely voluntary (that is, no remuneration, either in cash or kind is received—board and lodging acceptable)

Course Practical Work

You may undertake a work placement as part of your course requirements as long as it is a registered part of your course. Check with the CRICOS Office if the work is a registered component of the course.

Volunteer Work/Unpaid Work

If you volunteer or take part in unpaid work, then you must apply for permission to work. Any volunteer or unpaid work counts towards the limit of 40 hours per fortnight.

Visa Label

You do not need a visa label to be placed in your passport as evidence of your work rights. Your visa information is held electronically and you can access it at any time using the Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO) system. Employers, banks and government services can also check details about your visa entitlements on VEVO once they have your consent to do so.

Tax File Number

If you intend to earn money in Australia you will generally be required to have a tax file number (TFN), a unique number issued by the Tax Office to individuals and organisations for identification and record keeping purposes.
For more information, please see How to apply for a TFN.

English Requirements

To gain entry into a course at Certify You, students will be required to demonstrate they have the required English language proficiency.

Applicants who have completed a degree within the past two years in which English was the language of instruction may not be required to complete an IELTS or TOEFL test. This is assessed on an individual basis.

The table below outlines a general guide to the English language proficiency required for entry into the various award levels. Please note that some courses require higher English language proficiency than others. Please check the relevant course entry before applying.

In some circumstances we will accept test results from other methods of examination not listed in this table.
Applicants who fail to meet the English language requirements, are encouraged to seek a conditional offer of a place until they meet the English language requirements of ELICOS.


Please Enquire about Fees and Charges


Student Welfare Service

International students can access all the services offered by the Student Welfare Service. They are free, professional and confidential.

Make an appointment by emailing  – we have dedicated Welfare Officer to help you, so please let us know if you’re an International student.

The Student Welfare Officer can help and assist with :

  • Visa Matters
  • Special Consideration
  • Accommodation
  • Difficulties in studies
  • Applying for leave of absence
  • Academic counseling